cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is NowTV fibre any good?

I currently have Sky Broadband unlimited, which I'm generally happy with (typically get about 15-18Mbs download, 1Mbs upload). The price has just gone up to £26/month and I've received an offer from NowTV for unlimited Fab Fibre for the same price. Any advice for existing Fab Fibre users? Should I switch?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With any service provider you will always get different experiences and points of views with them (some good some bad).

I have switched myself and two family members from BT & TalkTalk over the last 10 months to NowTV and never encountered a single issue where internet speeds seem respectable to me (no difference to our previous ISP's).

I am little bit worried that my NowTV Fab Fibre contract is up towards the end of April and i can see a price hike coming, because the first 12 month is a discounted introductory offer.

Will be giving the NowTV Retention Dept a call to re negotiate a new competitive price soon, where i am perfectly happy to stay if the price is right and don't really want to switch to another ISP to be honest.

Obviously other forum members will come to a different conclusion if they have come across problems with NowTV Broadband & Telephone service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps, its nice to know there are some people happy with the service. All of the negative posts on the forum were what's putting me off. The other negative for me is that Sky don't exactly seem to be rushing to improve NowTV (still no 1080p and no sign of a better sports offering) so I'm a bit worried about Sky allowing NowTV to wither?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When switching any service provider or utlities company there is always a risk (better the devil you know).

Can't say if you switch you will come across problems or not (it's a gamble you need to take).

Some of the horror stories you read are with BT Openreach where unfortunately nowtv have little control over them.

Mainly you find with most forums, customers come to complain or have a moan and rarely you see happy satisfied customers posting on forums where they have better things to do in life.

Can't comment on the future of NowTV going forward, because nobody knows what Comcast has in store for NowTV (i doubt the NowTV staff even know themselves yet).

This is speculation on my part, but i have a sneaky feeling that 1080p is coming sometime this year on NowTV (not sure about 5.1 surround sound or 50fps playback on sports streams though).