cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iphone unable to connect to broadband, when it previously used to

I don't have any internet connection on my iphone.

Recently renewed my broadband and landline package, went on my holidays and have been trying to airdrop the photos to the mac since I returned, but been unable to. The ios software is showing that it's been unable to update too, so maybe this is linked?

I've rebooted the router, unplugged it, checked the line from my account and all looks good on Now's end, but I haven't touched my phone to change any settings until looking into what might be the cause since.

The password is still correct and everything  seems normal, so i'm not sure what the issue might be unless the router/server limits the amount of devices to 4 that can be connected, but it doesn't make sense as other people who visit often ask to use the wifi because I live in a bad signal area, so I just can't figure it out.

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own any Apple devices, but check if the personal hotspot setting (if it has this feature) on your iphone is disabled.

Other things to possibly try is disable IPV6 on your NOW Router and maybe try Google DNS on your iphone.

chilli2
Elite

Cant you just drag and drop them from your phone to your computer?

hook your phone up via usb and you should be able to access the files and folders on there including photos as you would a USB drive,with  that method it should just work, no faff, no messing with wifi protocols etc