cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interruption in services during home move

Hello,

I've just called customer services about moving my broadband to my new address, but I was told that there's a two week delay between services being terminated at my old address and services starting at my new address, basically leaving me without internet for 2 weeks. This seems really strange to me. Does anyone know if this is actually true?

From the information I can see on the website, I assumed that I could terminate my services at my old address, and then start them at the new one on the same day, as long as I gave 2 weeks notice. It doesn't seem to suggest that there would be a two week period where I have no services at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Peter

You seem to forget, the pandemic (Covid 19) is causing delays in every work process on the face of the planet, so an extra two weeks delay in moving services from your old home to your new should be expected.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Peter

You seem to forget, the pandemic (Covid 19) is causing delays in every work process on the face of the planet, so an extra two weeks delay in moving services from your old home to your new should be expected.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Yeah, I guess you might be right. I would have expected them to explain that Covid-19 was the reason for the delay though. When I asked about it, I was told there was always a delay, so it seemed like standard procedure.

Anyway, it turns out Now Broadband can't supply my new address anyway, so I'm moving to a different provider anyway.