cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet speed randomly slow

Hi all,

I have frequent issues with my broadband speed lowering randomly throughout the day. My speed is usually around 16 down but will drop to 0.5-4 sometimes. I have another line coming into the house at the same point and that will remain at 16 while my internet is slow for no reason. One line is nowtv and the other is sky, so theoretically they should be the same.

I have my nowtv router downstairs plugged in with ethernet, this goes upstairs into my gigabit ethernet switch which is wired into my pc. Are there settings I need to change on my router, or do I need to buy a replacement?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You need to talk to NowTV Broadband Support on the number you will find under My Account/Broadband & calls/Moving House (even though you aren’t).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also if I download anything on my internet it becomes unusable, my Sky internet slows down but I can still use it. It seems like my router can't handle high loads.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The routers are perfectly capable of handling 32 Mbps, which is not a high load.

Unless you're running software on the Gnutella network....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I've found an older Sky router and switched it out. Turns out it was the router, actual garbage. I'm even getting higher peak download speeds. Is it possible to get my router replaced?