cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet not working after power outage

My area had a power cut and its happened several times. Each time the electric turns on again the Internet light keeps flashing on my black wifi box the power and WiFi lights are both on. I've tried unplugging the phone line at the wall and nothing seems to work. Then the previous time it happened after 8 hours it turned back on on its own, only now its happened again and not having Internet means I have no tv to watch. Please has this happened to anybody else. Edit. I've done a line check and it says fault that can't be fixed online but it's says that all the time , even if it goes off for a short time then comes back on. 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Power cycle your router now (tech-speak for switching it off, waiting 2 minutes, and then switching it on again). Now your electricity is stable again, this gives the router a chance to come back to a settled state.

If this doesn’t fix it (and I’m not all that hopeful of this), then you will need to talk to the Now Broadband team.

Telephone numbers I have heard flying about for this are variously 0330 041 2518 and 0800 759 1213 but should anyway be in your documentation from Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.