cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet keeps dropping when on the ps4

Hi hoping someone could help me out, my sons ps4 has started cutting the Internet connection to everything else in the house excluding that ps4. My other son can't play any games on his ps4 when his brother plays on his ps4 I cant get on my fone and it interrupts the wireless connection to the TV has anyone else had this issue or any ideas why it happens. I've tried rebooting system
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Make sure the PS4 and router are well away from each other, at least a few metres if you can. On both PS4s go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings and make sure Connect Directly to PS Vita/PSTV is not selected. Then try rebooting your broadband router and see how you get on.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Make sure the PS4 and router are well away from each other, at least a few metres if you can. On both PS4s go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings and make sure Connect Directly to PS Vita/PSTV is not selected. Then try rebooting your broadband router and see how you get on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thank you

@Anonymous User How did you get on with @Andys suggestion? 

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's stopped dropping Internet connections to everything in the house so
that parts worked but my eldest didn't tell me that he can play online
alone but can't join any party's doesn't show friends online and doesn't
tell people he's online so he can't talk to them apparently I was reading
another forum and tried all their suggestions as lots have had the same
issue but nothing will resolve it so I'm stuck.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User UPnP usually solves that, but it should be enabled automatically in the router. You can check by going to

http://192.168.0.1/sky_upnp.html 

and logging in with your username and password which is usually admin and nowtv (unless someone has changed it)

Make sure Turn UPnP is ticked on that page.

If it already is then it may be some ports need setting manually but @Tony-D is the forum's gaming expert so I'll leave it to him to confirm that or make any other suggestions.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User UPnP usually solves that, but it should be enabled automatically in the router. You can check by going to

http://192.168.0.1/sky_upnp.html 

and logging in with your username and password which is usually admin and nowtv (unless someone has changed it)

Make sure Turn UPnP is ticked on that page.

If it already is then it may be some ports need setting manually but @Tony-D is the forum's gaming expert so I'll leave it to him to confirm that or make any other suggestions.

@Anonymous User And what Andy has said here will help all isolated problems in the future when it comes to your son's joining partys and chatting via headsets 🙂 Thanks @Andy 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
It's stopped dropping Internet connections to everything in the house so
that parts worked but my eldest didn't tell me that he can play online
alone but can't join any party's doesn't show friends online and doesn't
tell people he's online so he can't talk to them apparently I was reading
another forum and tried all their suggestions as lots have had the same
issue but nothing will resolve it so I'm stuck.

@Anonymous User https://status.playstation.com/en-GB/

Don't worry. It's affecting millions of people recently. Yesterday it was down for 2 hours and today it has been down for 4 or more. Here's an excerpt:

Affected Platforms:
PS4™
Affected Services:
You may have some difficulty launching games, applications or online features. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience.
28/01/2018, 15:48

This basically means no one can join a party, no one can play online together and basically anything else to do with multiplayer.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Has it been like it for a few days then x
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Has it been like it for a few days then x

Yeah @Anonymous User It started coming back online at around 8.30 last night and seems to have been stable since. Don't hesitate to contact us on here again if you and your family run into any more problems with the service. Thanks, it was a pleasure.