cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet down since Thursday 28th January 2021

Hello.  My internet has been down since 10.15 am Thursday.  I was initially told it's a general problem in my area.  Then told it's an internal issue and an engineer was booked to come out on Friday, who was a no show.  I've now been informed it's a general problem and an engineer is not necessary, an issue at the exchange which should be fixed in 48 hours...from yesterday.  Anybody else experiencing this problem.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Alison

First, since you haven't mentioned the area you are in it will be somewhat difficult to say whether another customer is having the same problem as you.

Second, since you've already got Openreach on the job so the only thing you can do now is contact your ISP, which I presume is Now TV BB, to get an update on what is happening.

Finally, it seems excessive that your Internet has been out since last Thursday, but you've got to factor into your wait time covid 19, that pandemic has put the kibosh on every normal work process throughout the world. So, unfortunately, you will have to factor in additional time for any currently needed repair to be completed, especially if a home visit is required.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your response.

Firstly, Wirral/Chester area.

Secondly, my issue is not the wait or length of time internet has been down
(10.15 am 28/1), it's the inconvenience of changing my working day for an
engineer that was not due and the changing resolutions to the problem.

Thank you
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Following advice from @ukbobboy  have you been in daily contact with Now TV forcing them to give you updates? 

Sometimes the best way is to be very persistent.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW TV advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help