cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet down Bath

Still have no Internet this morn. Anyone have any idea when it will be up again?

I'm in the Bath area. 

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be nice if they could give us:

a) an ETA of when it will be resolved

b) an idea of what the problem is

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I called them on 0330 332 3050 and they weren’t any help. Said the issue was Openreach and their usual timeline was 24-48 hours. They couldn’t give any estimate and also said that there wouldn’t be any compensation for those without service unless the outage lasts longer than 48 hours.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to my world 😛

We tech support people (not just OpenReach, which anyway isn’t who I work for) never answer your questions because:

As regards (a) initially we don’t know;

and when we do know, we might have an idea if the fix is minutes, hours, or days away, but we aren’t going to give hostages to fortune by predicting anything; we will let you know when we are sure it is working again, and not before;

and as regards (b) what are you going to do with the information? Best case, satisfy your idle curiosity, worst case, beat us over the head with it. So the PR boys don’t let us tell you 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s STILL down in BA1.. I haven’t been able to work today 😭

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It might help their cause if they updated their ‘update’ page even if it’s just to say it could be 24-48 hours and it is beyond their control - rather than rely on multiple customers having to try and find this out. I believe it’s called customer service…

Ash2929
Advocate

It's a joke over 13 hours

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Ash2929 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Internet-down-Bath/m-p/580972#

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Es
Advocate

Still down in BA1. Has been since 4am. Anyone had any updates?

Ash2929
Advocate

Finally back I think now 🙂

Archy
Advocate

Back for me now in BA1