cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet connection randomly drops multiple times per day. At my wit's end.

I've been having problems for the last 2 weeks or so, whereby my internet connection keeps dropping randomly, multiple times (usually between about 5 times) per day. Note that it's not the *WiFi* signal from the router that drops, but rather the internet connection itself. The middle light will go out, then flash orange and the connection will return after about 2/3 minutes. There is no logic to why or when this happens. It's becoming incredibly frustrating and I am getting grief from work when I randomly and regularly drop off video calls.

Engineer came out 10 days back, ran a bunch of tests, could see nothing wrong with my line or setup. He made some tweaks at the local exchange, but the problem persists.

Called NowTV back, they sent me a new router, still the problem persists. They are sending another engineer this coming week, but I think it's just gonna be the same situation.

This is driving me insane and I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well D

I'm no expert but I usually experience the problem you're having when my filter starts to fail, which is about every 12 months then I will have to buy a new one.

Mind you, the filter will be the first thing any competent engineer would check. But because they're so cheap, it won't hurt to replace your current filter with a new one.

Other than that, you are now totally dependent on the next engineer having the skill and knowledge to know what's gone wrong with your line.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i just posted about same problem (didnt notice this thread, my bad:)

would never have thought about the filter, will try that!

thanks @ukbobboy  @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet connection randomly drops multiple times per day. I don’t have Internet connection almost 2 weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having problems for the last 2 weeks or so, whereby my internet connection keeps dropping randomly, multiple times (usually between about 5 times) per day. Note that it's not the *WiFi* signal from the router that drops, but rather the internet connection itself. The middle light will go out, then flash orange and the connection will return after about 2/3 minutes. There is no logic to why or when this happens. It's becoming incredibly frustrating and I am getting grief from work when I randomly and regularly drop off video calls.

Engineer came out 10 days back, ran a bunch of tests, could see nothing wrong with my line or setup. He made some tweaks at the local exchange, but the problem persists.

Called NowTV back, they sent me a new router, still the problem persists. They are sending another engineer this coming week, but I think it's just gonna be the same situation.

This is driving me insane and I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

I am having the exact problems 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your best to keep pestering NOW broadband support until they can resolve it.

Otherwise I would suggest you could jump ship to a new provider.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help