cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet Reach In House

I have just set up my WiFi with Now and it’s not even reaching my bedroom before it drops out. It’s a 2 bed house and not even that big. I used to be with sky and it reached my bedroom. I can’t move the hub. What do I do about this?

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you still got the Sky Router or did you have to send it back to Sky.

If you still have the Sky Router swap it out with the NOW Router it should connect but might take an hour or two if you had Sky Broadband over FTTC.

redchiz1
Champion 2

There is a tweak to the settings you might try, have a look at Step 4 in the help article here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @redchiz1 

And please let us know if it improves things for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Why are you asking me?

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

I’m not asking you, I’m including you out of courtesy, to acknowledge that it was your suggestion.

Sorry if that wasn’t clear 🥲

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

It wasn't, I can see all the replies anyway. No need for the emphases, or the unapology. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all for your suggestions. However I’m not sure how, but the reach of the internet has improved overnight with increased time from set up and now reaches my bedroom. 

Jayach
Elite 3

It's possible the router detected interference on the original channel and has chosen a different one.