cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet Issues Again

Started last week (24/11) randomly, internet dropped out completely for about 30 minutes. It was around midnight so I simply went to bed and ignored it.

Next day (25/11) trying to work from home, and mid morning my internet speeds dropped down to around 2mbps. I'm normally getting 40-45mbps on my package. 

Eventually managed to call their support, the agent cleared up "some bugs on the line", I reset my router and everything was good again.

Just noticed this morning that my speeds are now back down to 2-3mbps. I've sent Now a DM via Twitter, but no response yet. I'm going to reset my router after I hit the submit button on this thread to see what that does, but I don't want to be resetting my router. I never had any issues with my previous broadband provider of 6 years.

What's the best way to contact the Now Broadband support team, to get the best results, where they'll actually investigate thoroughly?

Has anyone else noticed issues with their broadband service since switching to Now?

Is there anything I can do to escalate this if the problem persists and I just get the same questions / suggestions every time?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It will be the same number you found the first time to call the team. 

Are your drop outs over Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
If it is for the latter have you split the bands indicated in the link below?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

The router provided from NOW is not the best, so it could be a router issue. Although when calling ask for full line investigation as the fault could be as far back as the cabinet. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Drop out was ethernet. Slow speeds I've experienced were both on Wifi, full bars.

My laptop connects to my Now router, but I also use Google Wifi. Next time it happens I'll switch to Google Wifi and see if I have any issues. I really don't think that this is a Wifi issue tbh.