cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet Constantly Cutting Out for Months Now

A while ago (a few months now) my neighbour got broadband fitted (I don't know which provider they use) and ever since then my internet cuts out constantly. 

The cutting out happens at least a few times a day and is worse after 3 p.m.

My internet isn't suitable for use. I spend all my time trying to reconnect it. 

I've tried twice now submitting a complaints form to NOWTV, but that was weeks ago and I've never had a reply. 

Please can anyone help. 

Thank you. 

15 REPLIES 15
Jayach
Elite 3

@gavs82008 wrote:

@Anonymous User 

It could be a fault with the lines out with of your property line. Ask for investigation of the lines feeding your line.

That's what the Openreach engineers do, and @Anonymous User has had 2 of them. (although that doesn't mean there isn't a fault, just that they couldn't find one)

If the replacement router doesn't fix it Now will just have to send another. 

@Anonymous User Were you the same line with another ISP, without problems?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jayach 

Not always, we have seen posters state that some OpenReach engineers only investigate the property lines where it could be a fault further afield.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@gavs82008 wrote:

@Jayach 

Not always, we have seen posters state that some OpenReach engineers only investigate the property lines where it could be a fault further afield.

Not really doing their jobs properly then. On the first visit they will normally correct any obvious issues with the master socket and run a quick line check. If the call comes back they will start to dig a little deeper. Intermittent line faults can take a few visits. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New router received on Monday plugged in yesterday it dropped after about an hour of usage but then came on again it is down this morning again but that maybe due to an outage ? Cannot check service status as my broadband isn’t showing on my account….

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All and any service updates

https://help.nowtv.com/service-status

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New router same old problems.....