cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent ringing noise football channel

there was some sort of intermittent ringing noise on the football channel that had the added crowd noise. The channel that doesn't have the crowd noise doesn't suffer from the ringing noise. The audio is fine when the pundits are talking in the studio. The minute the fake crowd audio is played there is a faint intermittent ringing/high pitch noise

Is this something anyone else is experiencing? 
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have noticed this all season. Just googled it now whilst watching villa vs tottenham and spotted this thread.  It’s a sort of high pitched ringing. Starts and lasts one second then stops one second then again for one second. Sort it out sky. It’s distracting. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User currently watching Villa v Spurs on Main Event with no noticeable ringing sound. Checked through TV speakers, sound bar and headphones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgot to say. I am watching (and have been) on now tv via either PS4 or my Xbox one s. Have not got sky via a dish. 

it’s a faintish sound, almost a cross between a telephone bell ringing at a distance and a whistle. You will know when you hear it. On for one second, off for a second then back on for a second. Is not that loud, almost like it’s about 15% of commentators voice loud. Happened a lot in first half of villa vs Spurs. Not so much second half. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 

Please forgive my poor messaging internet etiquette by not addressing my previous post to you. 

Thanks for checking your system. 

Forgot to add I am watching sky slots main event (the one with the crown noises) and have been all season. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I personally think it has something to do with the looping crowd noise they use. The sounds is very faint and sounds like a refs whistle. I think whatever crowd track they use, it was recorded just as a ref was blowing the whistle. Sound cannot be heard during adverts, before, after during halftime. The no crowd noise is also not affected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hello Eskiboy1,

Thanks for your reply. Agree with you that it makes sense that maybe it was in one of the crowd samples they used. After hearing it a number of times it started to annoy me as it’s such an unusual sound that is not natural in a football ground. After about 10 mins of the second half yesterday of villa vs tottenham it stopped and I didn’t hear it again. Maybe sky have edited it out or just didn’t use that sample again. Will keep an ear out for it when watching future matches. Cheers.