cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent loss of broadband

Hi,

I have had Now TV fibre broadband for over a year, generally without issues.

However, in the past couple of months, there have been times when our internet connection (on every device in the house) stops working briefly, before coming back on.  Looking at the connection on a laptop during these drop-outs, it says that we're still connected to the router, but that there is no internet connection.

I tried resetting the router, but the problems have continued intermittently.  I have also tried Now TV's online line check more than once, and each time it says there are no issues detected.

If there really are no issues with the line, I suspect the router is playing up and needs replacing...but how can this be resolved when there is no way at all to contact Now TV?

Thanks,

Ashley

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is a customer forum, so saying “you” will have no meaning.

If your unhappy with any response from customer support you are best to phone and make a complaint.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.

Alternatively you can send an email to customer support. Address in below picture.

C574700D-9064-4D6C-A6BC-7F0D7715B2F9.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Pertur

Shouting until BLUE in the face.jpg

You shouting at the wind?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i've been with Now TV Super Fibre for about three weeks now and you describe exactly the experience that I get.....the 'line' is live at the router but no internet connection at the devices. It's random (apparently) and annoying with a house full of internet hungry devices, ipads, iphones, xbox and pc's. I think I will try the splitting of 2.4 and 5Mhz idea as it feels like a wifi problem. We haven't noticed any dropout on the hard-wired (over powerline) Xbox yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I moved to sky and was facing the same problems I changed the devices that need the most speed such as Xbox to the 5 g and the remaining devices to the 2.4 and this has worked a treat good luck
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got exactly the same problem. Router says connection to internet ok, but service to many different devices, including some tv apps is randomly intermittent. Biggest clue I can find is signal noise ratio  (4.7) much worse than recommended  range for stable service. Seems  a BT problem?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sounds like there could be a fault on the lines out-with your properties line. Call the broadband team and ask for a full investigation of the line and ant lines feeding yours. 

Number in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers @gavs82008 - will give it a go. Thanks for the swift reply - will let you know how it goes.

Just noticed loads of roadworks in next village (where exchange is based) as they put in fibre (not as far as us, though - typical). Wondering if this is related - seems suspicious and would fit the timeline.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Got exactly the same problem. Router says connection to internet ok, but service to many different devices, including some tv apps is randomly intermittent. Biggest clue I can find is signal noise ratio  (4.7) much worse than recommended  range for stable service. Seems  a BT problem?

There is nothing wrong with a SNR of 4.7, as long as it is stable at that. If it is varying each time you check it that would indicate line problems.

I have an SNR of 4.3 (although I'm not yet on Now), but that is because DLM has reduced it to that so that I get a sync of 79998 kbps. It would not drop it that low unless it had considered the line stable enough.