cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent broadband

I have had now tv broadband for nearly two years, during that time it has been reliable. Recently the connection has become intermittent, not as the advisors at now say a wireless intermittency, but a loss of connection at the router which is shown by an amber light on the router. It then reauthenticates and connects again. 
I’ve changed the micro filter and connected to the test socket. I’ve changed the wires to new ones but the problem still occurs. 
When I call support they advise changing the wireless bands, which does nothing as it’s not a wireless issue, and that they cannot see any problems. Surely they can see authentication attempts? I could when I worked for several broadband providers - do they not have tier two tech support that can look into this more closely? 
I just want my stable connection back or I’ll be transferring away to someone who can provide support when this happens

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User You are welcome to let off steam here, but the sad truth is that is about all you can do as there is no support available from NOW here, just well-meaning punters like me who can try to advise, but little more. 

I presume you have done all the recommended checks, including connecting at the test socket? Subject to that, you will have to persevere with the phone teams directly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1 I’m currently in the test socket with a new filter and new wires. I haven’t been able to change the router. Do you know if there is a higher level of tech support you can get through to that may have access to connection reports so they can see the issue? 

redchiz1
Champion 2

If you haven't done so already, try the number, or web form option here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1