cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Intermittent Connectivity

Hi, hoping someone can help please!

My broadband is cutting out intermittently, usually every 30 minutes but sometimes every 10 minutes or so. The router/wifi/LAN stays on, and no lights change or switch off, but the internet cuts out for a few seconds then comes back on.

I've checked the Now TV Hub/router log, and its renewing the IP lease with Sky that indicates (as far as my knowledge goes) that its not a problem with my devices, and potentially the router, DSL cable or something that lies with Now TV.

I've only had Now TV Broadband a few months, and prior to this I had Sky Broadband for 9 years with literally zero problems.

I've checked the Now TV help and typically it says the line is fine, but of course it would because for me to check it my internet has to be working?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if someone can point me in the direction of some sensible customer service.

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I assume you've done a hard factory reset to the router?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

See link for the number.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Is it cutting out for every device you have, or just one or two that are some way away from the router?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
LA16

My internet is so on and off all the time. Last night went off totally. I have used a lot more data on my mobile because the broadband won’t load a page. Very frustrating and this has gone on for months. I have reset everything possible according to Now but still it reoccurs