cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installation

Hello Forum,

I am attempting to get now TV broadband, however the times of the installation are all located when I am at work. Is there a way to select a more specific time slot (4-6), or select a weekend date?

Thank you in advance!

Jones1

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unless OpenReach need access to your property to install a master socket, then it won’t matter when the scheduled installation time is. OpenReach will do their work at the exchange and green cabinet in their own time. All you will need to do is connect the router and wait.

There is nothing to prevent you from connecting the router before going to work, and with luck you may be up and running when you get home. Although it can take up to midnight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply!

When I am trying to select an installation date, this message appears before I select it.

"

Request an installation date

We need to install a new line at your address. We'll book an engineer visit, you need to be home for this.

Please select your preferred installation date below, but note that if the date cannot be fulfilled Openreach will be in touch to advise you of a new date."

Can I confirm that I will still not be needed to be at the property when this happens?

Thank you (again) in advance,

Kyle

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Since that message says that a new line needs to be installed, you (or at least someone) will need to be there for the engineer if he does need access.