cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installation

I’m due my installation today but have not yet received my now tv broadband box or a text confirming that an engineer will be out today, what do I do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would try in the meantime is plugging in the old NowTV Router and see if the white smiley face remains on constantly through out the course of the day which means your internet may have gone live.

Also was the Engineer suppose to have access to your property today, if not did you notice any BT Engineers working on any green BT Telephone street cabinets ?

Even if the old NowTV Hub Router is working, give the NowTV Broadband Team a call to see what's happening. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Doesn't sound promising, even if the BT OpenReach Engineer does turn up, then without the NowTV Hub Router you will be stuffed (unless your current ISP is Sky and you could temporary use the Sky Hub Router whilst waiting for the delivery of your NowTV Hub Router).

When you go to My Account > Orders & Appointments whilst logged in on here any up date status on the despatch of your Hub Router and any indication of what it is saying about the Engineers Visit.

Also see if there is anything in your Email box including junk or spam folders.

If it was me i would get on the phone to NowTV to find out what's happening.

You will find their telephone number under the Orders & Appointments section by clicking the drop down arrow next to your live date. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, I’m the kit delivery section it still says that they are getting it ready. We have been with Now TV in the past and are wondering if our previous router could still be used should an engineer turn up today? 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have the older NowTV Hub Router with the white smiley face light on the front of the Router, then yes this Router will work with any NowTV Broadband service speed level whilst waiting for your newer version NowTV Router.

It still doesn't sound promising about the lack of notice or attendance from the BT OpenReach Engineer on the planned scheduled activation date 😠.

if it was me i would phone the NowTV Broadband Team to find out what is happening with regards to both the despatch of the Router and Engineer.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would try in the meantime is plugging in the old NowTV Router and see if the white smiley face remains on constantly through out the course of the day which means your internet may have gone live.

Also was the Engineer suppose to have access to your property today, if not did you notice any BT Engineers working on any green BT Telephone street cabinets ?

Even if the old NowTV Hub Router is working, give the NowTV Broadband Team a call to see what's happening. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installation Update

Engineer visit 23,07,19 never turned up

Engineer visit 02,08,19 could not complete work due to another property not allowing access to pole.

Engineer visit 30,08,19 never turned up

During the 41 days of no install I have had various reason ranging from access problems, faults on the line (this is the line that's not installed).

Faults discovered elsewhere, not enough equipment.

This is all despite the engineer on 2nd of august stating that the line from end of lane was set up and ready to go, they just needed to sort out access to the property up the road 

In his exact words and I quote "it can be done just not today" 41 days later and it's all starting to seem like some sort of mini drama