cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Infected broadband

I’ve apparently got a Trojan in my broadband network. Found when installing the antivirus on my brand new laptop that I purchased to complete a course. I have my first assessment coming up in 20 dats and a new computer I can’t use. My Netflix reps getting hacked, as does my Apple ID and I’m being charged for subscriptions I never asked for.....are now tv going to sort this for me? Or do I have to pay £139.95 to get it cleaned and protected myself? I’m on a very tight timeline. Also, if I switch broadband suppliers, (which I will), is the virus still going to be there? 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What antivirus product, and what Trojan?

And where is this Trojan supposed to live - it can’t be in the wires, it must be in a device or devices?

And having cleaned it off your new computer, does it keep resurfacing from somewhere?

And who wants £139.95 for what Malwarebytes will do for free?

Let us know the answers to these questions, and we can then tell you the best way to move forward.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your broadband definitely is not "infected".