cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibsong
Advocate

Incorrect Password

Setting up my Now Broadband never works, I try to set it up before the midnight activation date but it always says the password is incorrect. I have reset it several times but it still doesn't work properly. Not sure how this password can be wrong ?????? All three main lights are working but I can't find any way to do it. The site says I need to enter capital letters and I have tried entering the original password and the all caps password but it is really, really, really, really bad and doesn't work. How to ???? How is it so hard to set up WIFI ???????????????????????? If the password is not correct then why bother sending me this ????????????????????? Why does this happen and there is no way to show how to set the wrong password because Now Broadband doesn't do a good job. How ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gibsong
Advocate

OMG Thank you so much!!!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gibsong 

When you say reset it, there are 2 types of reset.

1. A full factory reset which puts the router back to factory installation 

2. Reboot, just simply powers the router down and boots it back up. Thus retaining all settings and any random bugs

Instructions for a factory reset can be found in the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Gibsong 

The password should be entered exactly as shown on the label under the router, as a mix of capitals (upper case letters), lower case letters, numerals, and special symbols (in principle, but I don’t think Now use these).

Check carefully for 0 (numeral) versus O (capital letter o), and for I (capital letter i) versus l (lower case letter L) and 1 (numeral).

It’s always possible that a new, never-before-used, router has been set up wrongly; if you can, connect to it by Ethernet or via some other WiFi source, and access it via its IP address, where you may be able to see what it thinks its password is.

Another way would be if you have a device you can connect to it via WPA, thereby not needing the password, and check it that way.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Gibsong
Advocate

OMG Thank you so much!!!!!