cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Impossible to change the LAN IP address on both our hubs

I have recieved the new hub 2 for my broadband, I have tried changing the LAN ip address but it simply will not change, as soon as I change it to something like 192.168.1.2 and reboot then it comes back up but the built in webserver no longer allows me to connect via lan, however when I connect to it via wireless and check the assigned IP it's back in the 192.168.0.x range, which means it hasn't changed the IP address at all and is now blocking connections on port 80 from the LAN.

I have seen a few comments regarding this, can you please fix this fundamentally broken router? the only way to clear this is do a factory reset and then we are back on 192.168.0.1. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UPDATE: It would appear that it works if you give it a fixed IP and turn off the DHCP, this isnt too much of an issue as it's feeding a switch on a fixed ip anyway so it looks like something is definitely haywire in the setup, all running now though but I have to say it's not intuitive at all and I'm a comms person

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Why do you want to change it?

What are you hoping to achieve that you can’t achieve on the default IP address?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

the router needs a unique IP address because it's used with another router and load balanced so that both routers are technically on the same LAN and I cant have conflicting IP's on a LAN, It works in load balance mode for most applications but dynamically configures as a failover setup for robustness as I work from home, not so much hoping to achieve, am actually now achieving thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you find out if this was a firmware issue, I've got something similar.

pod
Mentor

It's really badly designed firmware, the routers are just designed to plug in to a line and give you internet, I'd love to see what validation tests were done on the kit as no way was this validated, considering how many people have the same issue, it's pretty disgusting really as if they cant make sure their own router functions properly they should allow people to install their own routers, in fact I'd love clarification on who actually owns the router? us or sky?

Jayach
Elite 3

@pod wrote:

considering how many people have the same issue, they should allow people to install their own routers,  

I doubt there are many people with the same problem.

And they do now allow you to use your own router. (but won't assist you in doing so)