cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

IPv6

Hello All,

Im thinking of taking out Now broadband but I'd like to know for sure whether Ipv6 is supported before I do?

I have several Nest protect smoke detectors that need IPv6 to work to their best potential and wonder whether any other users have these working 100% with now broadband?

Thank you for any help offered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous User 

We had NOW Broadband at our previous rented house that had both a Nest thermostart and a Nest protect smoke detector. Both worked correctly on NOW Broadband. Yes, IPv6 is supported on NOW Broadband (it’s effectively Sky Broadband).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not being a broadband customer with NOW so I can’t be much help, apart from to suggest giving the broadband team a call.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.

Unless of course a fellow member who does have broadband with NOW can answer the question.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

NOW does run IPv6 on their Hub 2 Router.

Where the NOW Hub 2 is a clone of the Sky Q Hub Router.

There was a report that the Sky Hub was a little buggy over IPv6 (don't know if this has been fixed with a firmware update).

I don't run any Nest products, but if you Google something like "Sky Hub Router Nest Protect" or something along those lines you will find a couple of results.

Unless another NOW forum member has first hand experience using the Nest protect products with a NOW Hub 2 Router. 

@Anonymous User 

We had NOW Broadband at our previous rented house that had both a Nest thermostart and a Nest protect smoke detector. Both worked correctly on NOW Broadband. Yes, IPv6 is supported on NOW Broadband (it’s effectively Sky Broadband).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your replies. They are much appreciated