cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Internetissues
Advocate

I was conned into applying for another internet service when I was happy with Now TV...

I had a visit from someone who said they would help get rid of the old provider as they still kept charging the last tenant for internet that I am not using because I am with Now Tv. They decided to send me a pack which was supposed to give me information for my brother but instead they send a digital box. He walked away saying I lead him on and looked at me as if I was crazy and put on the false mr am always right face when he had come into an area with people who were on protection from being conned due to mental ill health or neurological diversities. When I tried to warn him that he shouldnt be pulling the tricks he pulled because of people in the area who struggle with these things he asked if I had a mental health problem as if it was supposed to explain my reaction to his behavour of conning me, Making me feel like how my ex was.
I wasnt happy with there service, I havnt brought in the box they sent though the post as they sat it behind the bin and a note at the door, you wernt in its behind the bin. I tried talking to the Talk talk chat who said I wouldnt be charged and it didnt explain that in 14 days they will be trying to set up a connection and I cant have them sending me letters also like the last person has still got so much post.
I cant get now tv to know, I dont want them to take me off of Now Tv. I was happy with the service and was getting on with my life happily paying my regular payments to them. I dont want this guy who made me feel bad to get away with being deceptive and misleading using misunderstandings as his advantage to getting my details. I cant get them to cancel the internet provisions from talk talk when I wanted to stay with Now tv. They couldnt give me a leaflet which I kept asking for, to send to my brother. We both arnt getting the new serves now. I dont want them to take money out of my bank account, How do I stop it. Theres no internet provider that solves there issues the same way. I already sent messages of screen prints of the discussion of the online providers. I dont know why there messing around with my internet services.

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Internetissues 

Have you called the broadband team to speak with staff and make sure everything is how it should be?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

It doesn’t good when you have these folk claiming to be from other companies forcing their product on you. Hope you get sorted by calling staff!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Internetissues
Advocate

Hi, I dont want to complain to Now tv, I just want to warn them and tell them I dont want to move onto talk talk and that I didnt agree to it. Is going though the complaints procedure the only way to ask them to keep me on tv now?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Internetissues 

The link I gave you isn’t just for “complaints” it is the 0800 free from number to call NOW and explain the situation, just to make sure nothing happens to your service.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Internetissues
Advocate

I know, it said community so am assuming that everyone on here is a customer. Its there way of providing a service and not hiring staff that get screamed at because there technology gas lit us on dialing in with "press one if you made a mistake and want to try again". I also dont want talk talk to charge me and although they said they wouldnt, I still feel they might because I feel like there playing a stealth game of "Get rid of the call company services so we dont have to have loads of people in work". I understand, Call service job is pants sometimes when people get upset because the program caused them to lose loads of services but the biggest worry is what was invested in it. If our knowledge is invested in it, our creativity or just our money which can mean a lot if bills need paying... I just dont like how people play with peoples lives these days and going non contact was there method I guess although we still need to solve some issues.

Jayach
Elite 3

The person who conned you won't actually be TalkTalk, they will just be a sales rep working on commission to get people to sign up.

It's disgusting that such people exist, but that is life.

As @chilli2 says they shouldn't be able to take over your line, unless you agree with Now to allow it to happen.

Unfortunately it does sometimes happen, it's called slamming. here is some advice from Ofcom to try to avoid it, or what to do if it does happen.

Phone or broadband switching without consent - Ofcom

I would definately contact Now on the phone number in the link already given and explain you do not want to switch, so that if a request does come in they will reject it.

chilli2
Elite

There are all sorts of people that sell, or re-sell from places such as talk talk.

If your internet service is going to change then you should get a message from your old provider or the one you have , in this case it should be Now Broadband along the lines of "sorry you are leaving us"

What exactly is this "digi box"

how did you receive this "digi box"?

did you hand over any payment details?

Are you still connected to Now Broadband?

and whatever you do - do not throw this "digi box" in the bin

Internetissues
Advocate

I did hand over payment details, they said it was for showing I was a real person asking for information pack. He made out I was mad and said I led him on. I had told him I was ok with my internet, I just need a leaflet for my brother. He insisted they will send a pack about it and the information I need would be in it. He knew he conned me. I dont know why he thinks its ok. I am still connected, He said there was a 14 period cool off where i could contact them and decline but when i came to tell talk talk i didnt want it, they ignored me and said i wasnt following procedures. I print screened it all but I cant post it here, it doesnt do photos and its on my phone not the comp I borrowed. It was next to the bin to begin with, thats where the postman put it. should I bring it in?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Internetissues  The problem seems to be with TalkTalk. Try their support community here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/45

Internetissues
Advocate

It needs me to sign in. He didnt give me sign up info.  I didnt get sign up info for now tv until i set up the box. I just want to make sure I still have internet. I think the 4th is the cut off day.

unsure, they said 14 days I hope it wasnt cut off anyway, It makes me feel like thats what there going to do. I dont want to let them in. The other guy shouldnt have been in to begin with, he said he would help and he didnt.