cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've switched to Now BB and it's slower than I expected

I was with PlusNet and was experiencing download speeds of 68-69 Mbps.  I switched to Now Super Fibre on 27 Nov but am experiencing only 49-53 Mbps.  That's a lot slower than I'd expected.

I've run the tests at the same time of day, over ethernet. WiFi is slightly slower.

Is there something that I can do to get this closer to what I used to get?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What were you advertised to get?

Contact broadband support via the following link. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi gavs82008

Thanks for your reply.  I was estimated 48.4 to 68.3 Mbps and guaranteed to get a minimum of 43.5Mbps. 

I acknowledge that I'm getting above my guaranteed, but I was wondering why the significant decrease when compared with my previous fibre provider, where I know that around 68Mpbs was achievable.  Going from around 68 to around 48 is a significant drop.  Should I have stayed with my previous ISP (genuine question)?

Regards

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not a problem. 

I had suffered the same issue when I had Sky broadband fibre and "upgraded" to the pro at the time (now the super fibre). When I got upgraded my speeds were in fact the same or slower as the standard fibre I was on before. So I ended up cancelling Sky broadband completely and moving to another provider

Ever since moving to my new build where I was only able to get BT with FTTP I haven't had any issues at all. More so now with greedly upgrading to Ultrafast 2 with stay fast guarantee of 150mb and estimated speeds of 250mb maxing out at 300mb all for £32.99. 

Can I ask, what made you switch from PlusNet to Now TV for broadband?

What I would possibly recommend is checking out BT, you can even pop into an EE store as they are now able to hand out broadband with BT but for far cheaper than dealing with BT directly. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help