cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hub says its connect to my sky q box

I've just had sky q box installed. I've checked network setting and it says its connected.  But I still canot download any programs , I used the waps button I think , I tried a manual set up to , by adding my WiFi password but still having problems ive spoken to sky they say ita my broadband anyone else has this issue ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Sky Q box so i doubt i would be much help.

Does anything over the internet work with the Sky Q box such has Apps like Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc.

Somebody on the forum had success by following these instructions (which i have copied and pasted from another thread below highlighted in blue text).

I recently had this issue, I wanted to use WiFi instead of ethernet because I wanted to move the router to a better location. I couldn't connect my SkyQ box to my NowTV hub via WiFi, it wouldn't recognise the WiFi password. After a lot of googling I couldn't find an answer but managed to solve it by trial and error.

What I did was, unplugged the ethernet cable, went into settings on SkyQ (settings-status-network connections) and pressed "Network Setup" then "reset".

When you see the options for what router your connecting to, before you choose, press and hold the WPS button on the router until lights flash. Then press "connect to Sky broadband WiFi" 

When the search is done it should be connected.

I hope this helps someone 

Have you still got the old Sky Q Router and if so what happens if you plug that instead (the Sky Q Router should work with NowTV Broadband, though i am not sure about the NowTV Broadband Buddy feature will work with the Sky Q Router).

If nobody else comes up with any suggestions, then try NowTV live chat.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Sky Q box so i doubt i would be much help.

Does anything over the internet work with the Sky Q box such has Apps like Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc.

Somebody on the forum had success by following these instructions (which i have copied and pasted from another thread below highlighted in blue text).

I recently had this issue, I wanted to use WiFi instead of ethernet because I wanted to move the router to a better location. I couldn't connect my SkyQ box to my NowTV hub via WiFi, it wouldn't recognise the WiFi password. After a lot of googling I couldn't find an answer but managed to solve it by trial and error.

What I did was, unplugged the ethernet cable, went into settings on SkyQ (settings-status-network connections) and pressed "Network Setup" then "reset".

When you see the options for what router your connecting to, before you choose, press and hold the WPS button on the router until lights flash. Then press "connect to Sky broadband WiFi" 

When the search is done it should be connected.

I hope this helps someone 

Have you still got the old Sky Q Router and if so what happens if you plug that instead (the Sky Q Router should work with NowTV Broadband, though i am not sure about the NowTV Broadband Buddy feature will work with the Sky Q Router).

If nobody else comes up with any suggestions, then try NowTV live chat.