cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hub not detected

I have been with Now Broadband for a week after switching from Sky Broadband, i know Now is part of Sky but i was surprised when i was notified that Now Fibre was up and running as the Sky router had not disconnected so i checked the log and it had not even rebooted and it was as if i was still on Sky

i plugged in the Now router and it all connected up straight away at 80/20 just as it had on Sky and is all working fine but out of curiosity i just performed the Technical Check on the website and it still says they cannot detect a Now router and i am waiting for it to arrive, it is as though i am still connected to Sky ( which i guess technically i am ) so i wondered if this is normal or should i contact Now to ask.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky and NOW use the same service and both Sky & NOW Routers can work on each other's network.

To trigger the information in the Technical checks or your NOW line has activated you need to plug in the NOW Hub Router.

The information on your online account can take a few hours to update the information.

If your account or Technical checks doesn't recognise the NOW Hub Router is connected after about 12 to 24hours give the NOW Broadband Team a call just in case BT OpenReach haven't crossed the line at the exchange cabinet with another Sky customer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky and NOW use the same service and both Sky & NOW Routers can work on each other's network.

To trigger the information in the Technical checks or your NOW line has activated you need to plug in the NOW Hub Router.

The information on your online account can take a few hours to update the information.

If your account or Technical checks doesn't recognise the NOW Hub Router is connected after about 12 to 24hours give the NOW Broadband Team a call just in case BT OpenReach haven't crossed the line at the exchange cabinet with another Sky customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, the Now hub has been connected since the 5th which was activation day so maybe i should give them a ring just to clarify.