cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to select the live date for fibre broadband?

Common sense dictates people plan ahead and want to select a live date for moving their broadband to a different supplier.

I am with BT and my contract expires on 30th May.

I am trying to move to Now TV via TopCashBack.

I am given 14 day activation by default. This is useless for me. I would be hit with huge penalty charges.
I am sure NowTV would do the same.

Why is there no option of selecting the activation date? Surley, this is a basic requirement?

The Irish call centre staff are so poorly trained they cannot answer. When asked for a manager I was told the manager will not speak to me as I do not have an account with Now TV. What sort of manager would make such a statement?

The chat system is is useless and always goes to TV and they have to transfer and time out.

BT and Talktalk are angels compared to NowTV support!

I must say I have never come across such poor support for years.

Can one select an live date or not and if so, how - going via TopCashback to get cashback, else there is no point!

Also, can one continue to use the BT Homehub as opposed to the poorer router supplied by NowTV?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I've never known being able to pick an activation date when signing up for broadband, at the end of the day there is work to be done at the exchange and/or roadside cabinet so it depends on when engineers can be scheduled. You'd need to use the Hub supplied by NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I selected the exact activation date when I signed up to BT from options available.

There should at least be "earliest day for takeover".

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's useful to know as I'm coming up to my contract end date soon. Never seen the option with Sky or NOW TV. If you're still keen you could phone up again and ask if they can delay after you've placed an order, don't how how flexible they will be though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just been looking at broadband deals myself as i'm moving into a new property in a couple of weeks and i'm finding it difficult to find an installation date option (hence my ending up here)  I'd have gone for the no contract option, but I really need to be able to know what the installation lead times are at the very least.