cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dalega
Mentor

How to remove items from watchlist

I recently returned to NOW TV after a gap.  My watchlist is currently cluttered with programmes that I don't want to view.  Does anyone know how to remove them?

I have already read some answers on this topic and it seems to have been an ongoing issue for some time.  One piece of advice given was to click on delete/remove for each programme in the watchlist - however, I don't seem to have any such option.

I'm hoping that the problem has been resolved since the last post I saw relating to this issue was made in 2018.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dalega wrote:

I recently returned to NOW TV after a gap.  My watchlist is currently cluttered with programmes that I don't want to view.  Does anyone know how to remove them?

I have already read some answers on this topic and it seems to have been an ongoing issue for some time.  One piece of advice given was to click on delete/remove for each programme in the watchlist - however, I don't seem to have any such option.

I'm hoping that the problem has been resolved since the last post I saw relating to this issue was made in 2018.

Hi @Dalega 

How you remove watchlist items would very much depend on what device you are using, although I grant you Now's interface isn't the most intuitive in the world. In this regard, and it's not always entirely clear how to do it.

When it comes to old items that are in your watchlist that are no longer available on now TV, go to your watchlist and the items that are no longer available should be greyed out slightly highlight these and press okay/select on them. (In the case of a mobile or tablet device tap on them. You will then be given the option to remove them.

For items that are still available but you don't want them to be populating your what is. Then there are slightly different ways of doing this, depending on what device you if you're using a smart TV highlights and watch list item, then press the red button. You should be given the option to remove it from your watchlist (if highlighted item wasn't in your watchlist. Upon pressing red, you would be given the option to add it) for Roku/now hardware the same option can be performed by pressing the * button or on Xbox one the button with the three horizontal lines on it

The most basic that long winded way to remove content from your watchlist is to from your watchlist highlight and then press select/okay on a piece of content you will then be taken to the content page for that particular piece of content on this page will be an option for you to add or remove from your watchlist. Depending on whether the content in question is already in your watchlist or not. As stated above, if the piece of content is no longer available. You will immediately be given the option to remove it from your watchlist

Hope this helps you out😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dalega wrote:

Hi @Dalega 

How you remove watchlist items would very much depend on what device you are using, although I grant you Now's interface isn't the most intuitive in the world. In this regard, and it's not always entirely clear how to do it.

When it comes to old items that are in your watchlist that are no longer available on now TV, go to your watchlist and the items that are no longer available should be greyed out slightly highlight these and press okay/select on them. (In the case of a mobile or tablet device tap on them. You will then be given the option to remove them.

For items that are still available but you don't want them to be populating your what is. Then there are slightly different ways of doing this, depending on what device you if you're using a smart TV highlights and watch list item, then press the red button. You should be given the option to remove it from your watchlist (if highlighted item wasn't in your watchlist. Upon pressing red, you would be given the option to add it) for Roku/now hardware the same option can be performed by pressing the * button or on Xbox one the button with the three horizontal lines on it

The most basic that long winded way to remove content from your watchlist is to from your watchlist highlight and then press select/okay on a piece of content you will then be taken to the content page for that particular piece of content on this page will be an option for you to add or remove from your watchlist. Depending on whether the content in question is already in your watchlist or not. As stated above, if the piece of content is no longer available. You will immediately be given the option to remove it from your watchlist

Hope this helps you out😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Dalega
Mentor

This worked!   It turned out to be so much simpler than I thought.  Thank you so much : )