cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to fix failing WPS/WiFi Extender on NowTV Broadband Hub Two

Just thought I would share my findings with you all.

Equipment:

HUB Two, tp-link TLWA850RE WiFi Range Extender

Issue:

WPS failing on router.

Resolution:

On the router admin panel give each frequency its own SSID (i.e. NOWTVHUB_2G and NOWTVHUB_5G) and deselected the “Synchronise 2.4Ghz and 5GHz Setting” on both connections.

Reboot for each change.

Re-Run WPS process

Notes:

Looks like this is an issue with having a dual band router running through one SSID.

I would keep the 5G connection exclusive for anything close to the router.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Devolo WIFI range extender that has worked successfully over a Plusnet router. Having changed to NOWTV I can no longer control or see the range extender config using a PC based Develo Cockpit software. The HUB router is not allowing me to communicate from the router to the range extender and is blocking it. Have tried Live Chat but it timed out in the middle of me typing a reply, not a very good system. Have no idea what setting in the router is blocking communication. I already have renamed 2.4G and 5G SSID's but this did not solve my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same problem with a Devolo extender. Nowtv have sent me a new Hub Two after stability issues with wifi sometimes working, sometimes not. But I still can't see the extender.

I wonder if I can use the second Hub Two as an extender now?

Best regards, Gavin 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gavin

Sorry I have no idea whether you can use a Hub Two as an extender.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you CaptainCB! Changing the SSID's fixed this problem for us.