cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to disable wireless on NowTV Hub Two?

I'm using a Netgear Orbi mesh wifi system to provide me with good wifi coverage throughout my property, and so I don't actually need the NowTV hub to broadcast a wifi network. I might as well turn its wireless off to cut down on interference. However, I can't seem to find out how to do that! In the wireless configuration panel there was an option to disable something, but it seems as though that may only have turned off either the 2.4ghz or 5ghz signal as it's still broadcasting the network and the green wireless LED is still lit on the front of the box. Does anyone know if it's possible to completely disable the wifi?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User There is a tab at top for 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz have you checked both as you may have just disabled the 2.4 ghz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never tried this myself, but see if this works.

1. Log into the router admin GUI on Web by entering 192.168.0.1 in the browser address bar
  2. Enter the router login username and password found on the back of your router or provided by your service provider. The default Username and password are respectively admin and nowtv 
  3. Scroll down to the Wireless Access Point section and remove the check mark from Enable Wireless Access Point 
  4. Click on Apply
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's what I tried, but it's still broadcasting! Weird.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My IT and Networking knowledge is not that great to be honest, so hopefully somebody else will come along with further suggestions to try.

If you get no joy on here, perhaps jump over on the Sky Community Forum where the Sky Q Router is a clone of the NowTV Hub 2.

Perhaps try using the search engine on here and over on the Sky forum for a possible answer to your question ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User There is a tab at top for 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz have you checked both as you may have just disabled the 2.4 ghz

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That did the trick! I can't believe I missed the second page lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry looking for the same answer but don’t know where this ‘tab’ is could you explain please. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The wireless is not disabling even when the check mark is removed in front of Enable Wireless Access Point. The wireless green light flickered for a sec and then come back. Please help.