cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to boost signal

Hi there. I live in a flat with Brick internal walls. My phone socket is in the living room but my kids bedrooms dont get any signal. How can I improve this please?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You are best to purchase Wi-fi boosters, which NOW do not provied. These will need to be shed from your own pocket. 

Wi-fi boosters or Powerline adapters can be sourced from Amazon.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Have a look at the help article below, specifically Step 4. The 2.4Ghz channel may be better over a longer distance from the router. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As suggested in the article, I split my 5 & 2.4GHz bands with different SSID. 

Sadly I still have one room and my garden without wifi. It seems the Now router is not as powerful as the nice D-link router provided by my previous ISP.

I think the only way I will get wifi in these areas is by installing one of those wifi booster devices. Or just use 4G for Spotify when in the bath or garden. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a similar problem with my android projector. It was set too far away from my main hub. I had all kinds of connection issues including lip sync problems. I tried everything. Turns out where I wanted my Projector was a bit of a dead zone for my internet to reach and stay stable. What i did to fix this issue was purchase an Internet Extender.  I recommend TP-Link AC750. It's available on Amazon. It's easy to set up and you can manage your extender through an app on your phone. What was a dead zone in my house is now a green zone. I have experienced no more problems. I bought the extender specially for my projector so I can play Now and Netflix. I couldn't be happier with my TP-AC750 Internet Extender.