cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i turn off "Broadband Buddy"

I'm sure i'm not the only one that is having this issue... there is an automatic censorship add on to NowTV broadband called the broadband buddy which i cannot get rid of. I've been into account settings and all i can do is change the parental control pin; there is nothing about broadband buddy. I've emailed the so called customer help team with zero response. The flatline censorship is annoying, but the convoluted system to try and rectify it is even worse. Can anyone shed soome light? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Somebody else reported on the forum that they didn't have access to their broadband buddy settings when login into their account (trying to find the thread to see if it was resolved).

One quick question, when you go to Orders & Appointments and Broadband & Calls on here, is there any mention about your broadband details ?

If there is nothing showing is it possible that you have two nowtv accounts, where the other account is where you signed up to nowtv broadband ?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do i turn off brodband buddy

redchiz1
Champion 2

You can't turn it off entirely as such, just change the age rating to 18+ and that has the desired effect.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To follow up from @redchiz1 have a nosy at this link where you can adjust the settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi after attempting to change Broadband Buddy settings on my account I get a red reply saying "unable to get broadband buddy settings" any help? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot, what happens if you try a different Internet browser and disable your ad blocker.

If that doesn't work, maybe try incognito mode or use a private window when accessing your broadband buddy settings.

Should you be still having no joy, then perhaps talk to the nowtv broadband team where you will find their telephone number under My Account > Orders & Appointments by clicking the drop down arrow below live date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sign in to your NOWTV account and NOT your broadband/internet site/hub 

If you have bought passes and whatnot for NowTV then you should have an account. You CANNOT access Broadband Buddy through your hub. 

See attached screenshot 🙂

Hope this helps because it took me forever trawling the internet for any kind of answer - because this top 'SOLVED' answer wasn't actually solved.

So, hope this helps 🙂