cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i turn off "Broadband Buddy"

I'm sure i'm not the only one that is having this issue... there is an automatic censorship add on to NowTV broadband called the broadband buddy which i cannot get rid of. I've been into account settings and all i can do is change the parental control pin; there is nothing about broadband buddy. I've emailed the so called customer help team with zero response. The flatline censorship is annoying, but the convoluted system to try and rectify it is even worse. Can anyone shed soome light? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Somebody else reported on the forum that they didn't have access to their broadband buddy settings when login into their account (trying to find the thread to see if it was resolved).

One quick question, when you go to Orders & Appointments and Broadband & Calls on here, is there any mention about your broadband details ?

If there is nothing showing is it possible that you have two nowtv accounts, where the other account is where you signed up to nowtv broadband ?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

If you follow this link in the help centre it explains how to turn off your broadband buddy.

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Naomi K

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Naomi, thanks for that- that was the first place i tried - It sends me round in circles. Nowhere does it take me to a screen with the option to turn off broadband buddy. If you have a link to that then that would be helpful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello yes this doesn't help at all as it still doesn't give me any options to change anything. Just the parental pin

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Somebody else reported on the forum that they didn't have access to their broadband buddy settings when login into their account (trying to find the thread to see if it was resolved).

One quick question, when you go to Orders & Appointments and Broadband & Calls on here, is there any mention about your broadband details ?

If there is nothing showing is it possible that you have two nowtv accounts, where the other account is where you signed up to nowtv broadband ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps, under the 'orders and appointments' screen, there is nothing there. The main body of text reads:

Placed an order recently?

You won’t be able to see it here, but dig out the email confirmation we sent you and you’ll find a tracking link. Just click on the link from your email, to check the progress of your order. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Sounds to me that if you are already using the nowtv broadband with their hub router then you are in the wrong nowtv account or there is a bug in the nowtv system.

When you had the emails from nowtv about your broadband order and delivery of the hub router is it the same email address when you sign into the nowtv website ?

Hopefully @Anonymous User can look into your account in more detail and can assist you further.

Edit - Just seen your post above that you think you have sorted it out 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is the same email, but the account name isn't my name - it's Paul. Seems
strange seeing as it's still my email and personal details in the account
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If Paul is not your name, then i would double check everything in the My Account sub sections such has Personal Details, Orders & Appointments, Broadband & Calls, Bills & Payments, Message Centre and Technical Checks (that will show any internet devices connected to your Hub router) all matches and stacks up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think i've sorted it. Went to my original email from Now tv and clicked through the validation of the account, which allowed me into the full settings and in turn the broadband buddy. Thank you!