cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hannah1184

How do i disable IPv6 on my router? My VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) is not supported.

The Modern Desktop team have become aware of an issue with using Modern Desktop’s VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) service when accessed using Sky and Now broadband. I have experienced issues connecting to internet and HSCN services when the VPN is active.

The Modern Desktop team have established that this issue is caused by IPv6 being enabled on Sky and Now routers.  IPv6 is a new standard of connectivity that the majority of our customers do not need to have enabled.  Sky Broadband Shield has also been identified as a possible cause.

Help please 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
redchiz1
Champion 2

You should find a setting where you can switch IPv6 off if you login to your NOW Hub 2 at 192.168.0.1

RoyB
Legend

@Hannah1184 

Who or what is or are Modern Desktop?

While this is not the first we have heard about the IPv6 capability of the Now router upsetting some third party’s applecart, we have yet to hear that it is operating incorrectly, rather than just being a capability in waiting, that third party software can and ought to simply ignore.

Or do Modern Desktop know different? In which case, they could usefully contact Sky/Now and tell them in what way the IPv6 capability on the Sky/Now routers is operating incorrectly.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
MrWhite
Mentor

IPv6

Load the router home page (probably http://192.168.0.1) then click Advanced, LAN IP Setup scroll down to LAN TCP/IPv6 Setup untick Enable IPv6 on LAN side last click apply. Wait for your router to reboot.

Broadband Shield Aka Broadband buddy

This is handled in your Now TV account settings.

Go to Manage Account, then the three bars look for Setting and PINs look for Broadband Buddy and set as you see fit.

Hope that helps @Hannah1184 

chilli2
Elite

Maybe you should use another VPN service, and ditch this modern desktop service