cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I put router in modem mode?

Hi, I just got a NowTV 2 router. How do I turn the Wi-Fi off/put it in modem only mode?

19 REPLIES 19
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Assuming that it is possible check the settings on the router online. See the link for login information.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

You can't. The best you may be able to do is use Bridge mode if you intend to use another router in conjunction with it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How would I enable bridge mode?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Can we go back to fundamentals?

What is it that you are trying to achieve?
What is the problem you have that you are trying to solve here?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had NOWTV broadband installed. The property is a large bungalow with solid brick walls. The router is installed in the middle of the house but the Wi-Fi doesn’t reach to either end. It barely reaches out the room it is in. So I’m looking at setting up a mesh network across the property with TP Link. But everything I am reading is saying there is going to be a problem due to the router not being able to be put in modem mode.  So far all I can see to maybe do to solve this is put all the TP link nodes into AP mode (I don’t care about parental controls etc - just want Wi-Fi in all the rooms…) 

Jayach
Elite 3

Yes, you will need to use the mesh in AP mode.

chilli2
Elite

What did you have in the property before now broadband?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was my partners elderly grandparents house and they just had basic BT internet that they used on a laptop in one room only.  Obviously our needs are a bit different and we want internet across the whole property. I think a mesh solution is best but the guidance for setting it up with a ISP router is a bit overwhelming 

Jayach
Elite 3

If you are trying to replace the Now router with a mesh, yes that is confusing (if you do not understand modems/routers), however using AP (Access Point) mode should be as simple as ticking a box. What mesh do you have/are considering?