cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I tell when my phone has been switched to NOW

My activation to NOW broadband and phone is in two days time. I don't use a mobile phone so won't receive a text message. What simple test can I perform on my phone to check that the phone line has been switched to NOW? Further, if the phone switch has been carried out, is it reasonable to then attempt to set up my NOW broadband box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would be inclined to do is on the day of your live activation date (maybe in the morning sometime) is to plug in and switch on your NowTV Hub Router.

When you see the three solid green lights on the front of the NowTV Hub router you know the switch over has been successfully completed to NowTV and everything should be live including the telephone.

You could also go to My Account whilst signed in on here and go to Orders & Appointment section where the Broadband & Telephone live date will change from blue to green.

Just bear in mind the switch over date could happen anytime up until midnight on your given live activation date.

When i switched from BT to NowTV the telephone line didn't seem to be disconnected every time i checked or used the telephone, where for me the BT internet switched off at around Mid Day going on the lights on my BT Router and my NowTV Hub Router came alive with the three green lights showing on the front of the Hub at around 7pm in the evening. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would be inclined to do is on the day of your live activation date (maybe in the morning sometime) is to plug in and switch on your NowTV Hub Router.

When you see the three solid green lights on the front of the NowTV Hub router you know the switch over has been successfully completed to NowTV and everything should be live including the telephone.

You could also go to My Account whilst signed in on here and go to Orders & Appointment section where the Broadband & Telephone live date will change from blue to green.

Just bear in mind the switch over date could happen anytime up until midnight on your given live activation date.

When i switched from BT to NowTV the telephone line didn't seem to be disconnected every time i checked or used the telephone, where for me the BT internet switched off at around Mid Day going on the lights on my BT Router and my NowTV Hub Router came alive with the three green lights showing on the front of the Hub at around 7pm in the evening. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks to schnapps for a first-class reply with precisely the information I was looking for. I am sure the advice will be of considerable help to many others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You could always dial 17070 from your landline. You should hear a recorded test message for Sky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to Shep1966 for the number which was new to me. Quick, simple and to the point. Very helpful.