cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Home hub is crap

I use the now TV service for a while and there great to save money access content with out using a sky box anyway Activated the now TV hub on Jan the 6th Wi-Fi kept stop connecting everyday contact customer service cannot help some reason you can have a third party router but the will not give me the username and password I have find it my self (which is completely stupid) at the minute I completely outrageous about it so I got the old router out and I need to get the username and password for nowtv broadband been all day cannot find the username and password
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@AaronR1 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
I use the now TV service for a while and there great to save money access content with out using a sky box anyway Activated the now TV hub on Jan the 6th Wi-Fi kept stop connecting everyday contact customer service cannot help some reason you can have a third party router but the will not give me the username and password I have find it my self (which is completely stupid) at the minute I completely outrageous about it so I got the old router out and I need to get the username and password for nowtv broadband been all day cannot find the username and password

@Anonymous User

Hi

If you are using a third party router we would not have the login information for that

For a NOWTV router go to 192.168.0.1

Login using

Username: admin

password: nowtv

and try changing the wireless channel

let us know how you get on

Thanks

Aaron

He is asking for the ISP connection username and password.

With an ADSL and FTTC connection, there is a connection username and password that autenticates you onto the network to give you the internet connectivity.

This is not the Admin username and password for the router - this is completely different.

For example, BT use the following for their HomeHubs:

Username: [email removed]

Password: BT

However if this is a Fibre connection then the T's and C's with SKY is that you use only their own kit - so I think the same would apply to NowTV as well

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately the terms for the NOW TV Combo are that you must not use any equipment not supplied by NOW TV to access the service, so we wouldn't be able to discuss how to connect your other router direct.

The wireless performance of the hub isn't great, an alternative you might want to consider is turn off the wireless on the hub and use a different device connected to your hub as an alternate wireless access point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

The wireless performance of the hub isn't great, an alternative you might want to consider is turn off the wireless on the hub and use a different device connected to your hub as an alternate wireless access point.

@Andy

Are they really that bad? I would of thought they performed the same as the Sky ones since they are just re-branded (well no Skybox light and a horrid green nowtv logo being the notiable differance). I know the the Sky hubs are not super and have limited options in the software but ive never experianced issues with the WiFi. I'm in an very old house with 3 floors, high ceilings and super thick walls with router in bottom corner of building and have no issues with WiFi reception through entire house, even outside i can pick it up. I know the sky hubs get alot of put down but mine has never failed me. (My TalkTalk one was utter garbage compared, as was our BT hub).

Just find it interesting that the NowTV hub doesnt seem to live up to the same performance :S (Though i always wondered and is one of the reasons ive never been interested in the Combi.. dont want to replace what i know works and is reliable).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you must use Sky's equipment per their terms, then the best thing to do is disable the wireless on the Now TV Hub, and then purchase a Wireless Access Point (or a router that has AP mode) and then add then connect this to the Now TV Hub - this will then allow the Now TV Hub to handle the actual connection, autehntication etc. but the AP will act as the "wireless hub" for which you can connect devices to and benefit from the better wireless etc, potentially offering 5GHz Wi-Fi as well should you purchase an AP that offers it 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree just recently wifi is rubbish customer service was a waste of my time on a mobile saying there's nothing wrong there end... Even purchased a brand new  hub 2 as they didn't want to know and still have the same issue... Especially when most of the wifi equipment I. E mobile..... TV... Google home speaker is in the same room as the router and they say you made need to buy a third party router so there saying I'm paying for super crap fibre and need to buy another router to get decent broadband if any at all fuming to say the least 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just moved over to Now BB (30Mbs) and having troubles with wifi....

Got a windows tablet which gets the full 30Mbs, but my Android phone is struggling at anything between 0.01 and 3.0Mbs... (yes 0.01...). I can have the phone 12" from the router and no change...

What's strange is that I'm sure the first couple of days I did a Speedtest and got 20+ on the phone, but cant replicate it...

NowBB have been useless, sent me another Hub2 but that was worse, the wifi was the same but it kept dropping the internet completly (second hand one, no Brand Name protection stickers...)

Tried all sorts including dropping IPV6 on LAN side, different security (AES vs Mixed etc), different channels, no change...

Its so annoying when my old cr@ppy EE Brightbox would let me browse while sat in the car at the end of the garden! As for only 2 LAN ports that's just tight... I've got 2 PCs and a NAS so can't get them all on...

Going to try Customer Service again, but not holding my breath...

Do you think I can get that Brightbox (ADSL and Fibre options in it) to run on NowBB?

(it was a rebranded Skybox anyway, there were Firmware issues a couple of years back when some pages said Sky and some EE... )

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

What you need to do if ignore the password, and use the long username, as you can see when looking close up it will be serial number 🙂 check the setting and untick username & password on your own router enter details manually but without password and use serial number

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have set up a TP-Link router and used the serial number of the NOWTV hub to connect. It works. Only problem is I cannot view any web sites as I get DNS errrors. I have used the DNS settings as per the NOWTV hub but it still does not work. Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I manage to get the DSL up with bt homehub 5a with custom firmware - lede project. all okay but no uplink as stated before.. did anyone sort out the DNS ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The now tv serial number. did you use this as the username or the password. 

Also for dns have you tried either google dns 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 or Open dns 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello All,

I've wrote a blog about this to show how I've resolved my problem! 

Link here 🙂