cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Home Move Automatic Cancellation

Hi,

A week ago, I requested a home move from NOW Broadband, thought it would be a simple process but, no.

2 moves have been cancelled 'by a third party provider' but NOW do not know who this is, nor why they're cancelling my order. The place I'm moving into has been empty for several weeks now, so I can only assume that the previous tenants haven't cancelled their broadband?

If this is the case, NOW is telling me that there is nothing they can do on their end and my estate agent has refused to contact the previous tenants for GDPR reasons... The CS agent at NOW said to me that I am free to move to another provider as I am out of contract, but she agreed that the same problem will probably arise with a new provider.

I've submitted a 3rd home move, hoping that it won't be cancelled but I'm not holding my breath. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

6 REPLIES 6
Jayach
Elite 3

If you can get access to the property, take a phone with you and see if the line is active. 

If it is dial "0" or "150" and ask who the provider is. That may give you something to work with.

Is it possible that it is in a stop-sell area and it is Openreach refusing to connect you (unlikely as surely Now should know that) If that was the case, you will need to go to a provider who does FTTP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi after a week of trying, NOW has turned round and said that the new property uses SOGEA and that they do not support this... Is this right?

Jayach
Elite 3

I don't know about SOGEA, but the NOW router doesn't have the the ability to use VoIP for the phone, so it sounds correct.

Much like being in an FTTP only area.

RoyB
Legend

Now Broadband slips yet another step behind the curve 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another CS agent was going to attempt a FOURTH home move stating the line now "seemed clear", but I said that that wasn't good enough. He spoke to his supervisor and they saw the problem with SOGEA. I have now cancelled my contract with NOW and gone to another provider. Such a shame as the whole time I was with them I had absolutely 0 issues. 

Jayach
Elite 3

As SOGEA uses a copper line the same as FTTC, I would have thought it is up to the ISP which they use (SOGEA is cheaper, as it doesn't have the separate phone component). Still as I had never heard of it till this thread, what do I know.

Openreach Formally Launch "Naked Broadband" via SOGEA - ISPreview UK