cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firstandlast
Advocate

High latency just after Midnight

Hi, I have noticed that when I am playing an online game (Call of Duty for example) that about 12.05am every night the connection gets really bad and I have a high latency issue. I've noticed that it's at the same time every day. It normally goes back to normal after 5 minutes or so, but I'm just wondering why it's happening and what's causing it.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@firstandlast 

Assuming you’ve had broadband for 10+ days?

Is this over Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
For Wi-Fi you can try splitting the bands to see if that helps.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Have you tried doing a factory reset to the router by holding the reset button for 15 seconds?

Give the broadband team a call so see what can be done. Number in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
firstandlast
Advocate

It's happening on both connections and happens at the same time each day like clockwork.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@firstandlast 

Do a factory reset to the router then if that doesn’t sort it call the team using the number from the link I provided.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

Good luck expecting Now to be able to cure this. It's far more likely to be something local that switches at that time.

RoyB
Legend

@firstandlast 

On an Android phone or tablet, download the app WiFi Analyzer, familiarise yourself with what the various Views mean, and then inspect them when this issue is happening.

You should be able to see what is causing it, when some other WiFi SSID spikes up, likely on the same channel you are using.

A neighbour’s smart meter, phoning home, for instance.

Though you might not know whose, exactly, the SSID is, you may learn enough to avoid the channel it uses.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.