cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meggyyxo
Advocate

Help!

I have put in for a home move TWICE now and both times for some reason the next day I get an email saying it has been cancelled, I spoke to NOWTV on the phone 4/5 times now who said it shouldn’t happen again but I got another email saying it’s being cancelled. I’ve had no information as to why this is happening. Phoning seems to be useless as nobody else seems to know what’s going on either. 
we move next week and I work from home, so it’s pretty useless! 

anyone else had this? How was it solved?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Meggyyxo 

Is the Now broadband availability checker OK with your new address?

For example, if you are moving to a new-build, it is probably served only via FTTP broadband, which Now don’t supply.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Meggyyxo
Advocate

Yes it was checked both times when I was on the phone to NOW and they said it was all good. It’s not a new build it is apartments so not sure if that will make any difference? 

@RoyB 

RoyB
Legend

@Meggyyxo 

It’s just possible a block of apartments might have an agreement with a particular broadband supplier, but I would have thought it unlikely.

As this is a move, I guess you have Now Broadband at the moment?

But as you are in touch with them, they really ought to be able to tell you where these cancels are coming from, and sort this all out for you, and I don’t know why they can’t.

Nothing much you can do but keep at them 😢

But I will say (although I know it’s not helpful unless you are looking to change ISP) is that WFH over domestic broadband is like a tradesman going round in a Ford Fiesta instead of a Ford Transit…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

When moving, if you are still in contract, you should try to keep the same provider.

If they are unable/unwilling to provide a service at the new address, you should be free to leave without penalty.