cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help. I am trying to get the ppp username/password that NOW TV router uses to login to the network

Hi.  I would like to use my ASUS DSL-N55U router.  I have just moved from Plusnet to NOW TV.  I have since learned that NOW TV will not give the ppp username and password to me...I dont understand why.  So I have been googling for ways of obtaining this information from the NOW TV router (NR801 which I think  is a TV HUB 2?).  Anyway on the web I came up with a whole bunch of possibilities.  None of them worked for me.

Suggestions

1. It was suggested to use the Sky Broadband Password Calculator.  I entered my LAN Mac address and generated the username and password. Tried it in my old router. Failed to authenticate.

2. Another suggestion was:- Username= <LAN_MAC_ADDRESS>@skydsl. Password=<LAN_MAC_ADDRESS>. This failed (I tried both upper and lower case).

3. I am running Ubuntu.  I tried using wireshark, but could not extract the information.

How should I go about finding this information?

I do have a question on 3 above. When using wireshark the instructions say that I should connect my computer up to the WAN port of the router.  I tried connecting the computer to the first LAN port of the router in the hope that this would work(WAN dsl disconnected).  I did not get the result I was hoping for.  Do I need a different cable to connect the computer to the DSL (WAN) port of the router in order for wireshark to capture the required information or should it have worked with LAN1?

I really am hoping to get my old trusted router up and running with this.  It uses shared memory and a shared printer and has very good wireless cover.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! This worked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have sky now on my laptop. To enter it on my tv I would need password but I cannot locate it, Can you help?

stuwy
Mentor

This works!! This should be highlighted as the main solution to personal routers connection issues.