cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA1878
Mentor

Haven't seen my Download speed increase since switching to Super Fibre 2 days ago

Upgraded to Super Fibre on the 22nd but haven't seen my Download speed increase since the switch. Weirdly, my Upload speed has increased. 

My guaranteed speed is in the 53Mbps range, currently still getting the Fab Fibre range at around 36Mbps.

Is there anything I need to do?

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SA1878 

Have you tried doing a reboot to the router?

You could also do a factory reset.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

Are you getting these speeds over Ethernet or Wi-Fi? If it’s the latter then you can split the bands if you haven’t done so already, which is indicated on the above link.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
SA1878
Mentor

Thanks for your reply, but tried all of the above

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SA1878 

Maybe give the team a call to see if something can be done on their end. Do you have the number to hand?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

The only devices that splitting the bands can increase the speed of is devices that can support 5GHz, and are in range of 5GHz from the Now router, but are being band steered to a 2.4GHz connection by the router instead, despite being in an environment where the 2.4GHz band is congested.

Splitting the bands reduces the probability that these devices will somehow find their way back to 5GHz, without manual intervention, from low to zero.

The Now Help article omits to explain that the user must supply this manual intervention, device by device, to gain even the marginal benefits that splitting the bands might provide.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SA1878
Mentor

Super Fibre speeds seem to have kicked in now, so all working now! Think I just wasn't patient enough!