cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to reset router every time I want to use ethernet

Hi there, 

We recently switched from Vodafone broadband to Now TV broadband fibre. Our wireless connection is working great, but every time I turn my PC off and back on, I have to reset the router to get the ethernet connection to work. I am greeted by a yellow triangle over the network icon with an error saying IP configuration invalid. 

I have tried: flushing DNS, renew/release IP, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for network adapter, manually entering IP config on the ethernet properties, disabling power saving ethernet mode, disallowing system to put router to sleep. 

As you can probably tell I'm at my wits end lol. Thanks in advance for any help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply! I've actually managed to fix the problem. I swapped the ethernet cord out and did a hard reset (holding reset button for 30 secs) not sure which worked but something stuck! 

Glad you found a temp solution, what an annoying problem! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problems, finally seem to have found a temporary solution that works by changing the ethernet settings

in the network control centre select

change adaptor options - > right click and properties -> configure - > advanced and change the Speed& Duplex setting to  10Mbps half duplex.  hope it helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply! I've actually managed to fix the problem. I swapped the ethernet cord out and did a hard reset (holding reset button for 30 secs) not sure which worked but something stuck! 

Glad you found a temp solution, what an annoying problem! 

Chegwin1
Advocate

I had the same problem. The Ethernet  speeds of the hub and pc do not match. Go to the NowTv Hub2 control panel and use the Ethernet tab, then then change speed settings from Gigabit to Fast ethernet.

Problem solved.