cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have a line not sure if I need the scheduled enginer visit?

Hi,

I ordered NOW Broadband on the 23rd of August.  Prior to that I was told that I would only need the kit to be sent to me but it turned out once I signed up that an engineer visit is needed. 

The visit is scheduled for the 6th of September while my kit is due to arrive on the 1st of September.  I did find a socket in the house (marked BT) which I believe is a working line.

I am not in posession of a phone with which I can test the line and am also not in possiesion of the phone number for the house.

I was wondering whether I might be able to use the kit once it arrives as long as NOW Broadband/TV activates the line?

I have been without internet for 4 weeks now and am hoping to get everything up and running ASAP.

I have tried contacting NOW Broadband over the chat and over the phone but have not managed to get in touch with anyone with waiting in excess of 30 minutes.  

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the nowtv live broadband switch on / over date is the 6th of September when the BT Openreach Engineer is planned, then i doubt you will have access of the nowtv internet until this date.

There is no harm if you wish plugging and switching on the NowTV Hub 2 Router early if your house hasn't got an existing broadband service, but until you see the 3 solid green lights on the front of the Hub router (when the switch over or broadband is activated) then until then you will not have a nowtv broadband service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you tell from the router lights if it is a fully working line at least before the activation date (with the internet not working)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

I ordered NOW Broadband on the 23rd of August.  Prior to that I was told that I would only need the kit to be sent to me but it turned out once I signed up that an engineer visit is needed. 

The visit is scheduled for the 6th of September while my kit is due to arrive on the 1st of September.  I did find a socket in the house (marked BT) which I believe is a working line.

I am not in posession of a phone with which I can test the line and am also not in possiesion of the phone number for the house.

I was wondering whether I might be able to use the kit once it arrives as long as NOW Broadband/TV activates the line?

I have been without internet for 4 weeks now and am hoping to get everything up and running ASAP.

I have tried contacting NOW Broadband over the chat and over the phone but have not managed to get in touch with anyone with waiting in excess of 30 minutes.  

The bt socket just indicates that there was a line there at some point openreach may need to do some work up the pole or in the exchange to connect you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do think it is a house visit.  I believe if it was to the cabinet or if some other external to the house work was needed they would not schedule a engineer visit to the house.

But you could also be right and the engineer visiti scheduling is just a generic thing and in reality is not needed as there is no house visit.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Normally if BT need access to your property you will be notifed by nowtv by an email or text message in advance.

When you go to My Account on here and select "Orders & Appointments" is there any more information about the planned BT Engineer's vist ?