cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone replaced the Hub2 router?

Due to be going live with NOW Broadband next Wednesday, but see alot of negative feedback regarding the wifi signal the Hub gives out

Has anyone actually swopped over to another router, i read there were some talks about the TP-Link AC1200 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Due to be going live with NOW Broadband next Wednesday, but see alot of negative feedback regarding the wifi signal the Hub gives out

Has anyone actually swopped over to another router, i read there were some talks about the TP-Link AC1200 

Thanks

I haven't personally done this. Also there is no guarantee you can get it to work and will need certain log in details to enable it. Do you have any spare routers lying around to test it out? I personally don't really use wifi that much an rely on network plugs. Sorry i couldn't assist any further @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have moved from Plusnet to NowTV I have done lots of reading of posts on the Sky users forum.
I connected in no time, I could not believe how easy it was so here is what I did for anyone else who is looking.

I have a RT-N66u router which I upgraded the firmware to the latest version of Merlin so Option 61 was Available to me and the original Openreach modem I used to use with Plusnet.

In the WAN settings on the RT-N66u I just changed the connection type to Automatic IP and in the Option 61 password put anything@skydsl|1234567.
Applied the settings and everything sprang into life.

This is good because the Box that Now TV supplies is an all in one, it just has an RJ11 to connect to the Phone system for the and does not have a WAN RJ45 connection so I would not have been to interrogate the box for username and password.

Anyway this worked for me and I am getting the correct download and upload speeds straight away, hope this helps someone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'd be interested in doing this as well. 

I moved from plus.net (whose router seemed to have much better wifi coverage than the nowtv Hub2 one - not to mention more ports).  We now can't get wifi in our loft or extension (which we used to be able to with the plus.net one)

Have you found the wifi better -- and is it possible that you could explain how to get an upgrade onto the software on the plus.net one ?

Sorry for being a querying newbie, but I think I'm going to be told by NowTV that the router is like it is.

Steve