cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Half of the guaranteed speed

I started with NOW 8 days ago and have everything set up as per the instructions.

According to my order (Super Fibre) I should be getting:

Estimated - 59.9-74.2 Mbps

Guaranteed - 55. Mbps

However, after trying Speedtest on various devices, I’m getting with wireless/wired around 27 Mbps.

The speed is OK for one computer connected wireless, struggling when there's two of us working from home (still have to connect the TV). However, the phones are struggling even when there are no laptops.

Have you got any suggestion on how to boost the connection, or shall I ask NOW to act?

Cheers,

Antonio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @RoyB  for Info

Hey Antonio

Best thing to do is call NOW Broadband on the following number:

0800 759 1213

UK Bob

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ask Now to act. In general, no ISP can offer you a service faster than the maximum the line can achieve, but there are all sorts of reasons why you might be getting less, many of which only your ISP can sort out; and even for anything that you could sort, it’s better for your ISP to tell you what, and how.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for the quick reply. Is a phone call the only way to get this sorted, or do you know if it's possible to schedule a call with someone from the tech team or even an email so they can check from their side. 

I went on the 192.168.0.1 (inside the modem) and in maintenance the download speed is the same as what I get from the speedcheck. Nothing surprising, but definitely the ISP might have better answers by checking my connection from their side.

Cheers,

Antonio

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @RoyB  for Info

Hey Antonio

Best thing to do is call NOW Broadband on the following number:

0800 759 1213

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The number @ukbobboy has given you gets you to the tech team for broadband.

If you want to schedule the call, pick your time and call them then, subject to their published opening hours.

Enail will be a terrible way to get this sorted; you will need to be interacting with someone on the phone. (A service that those with streaming problems on their passes would probably kill for).

And it’s not like this is a complex problem to state; ‘My broadband is too slow, much slower than you promised’, even if it takes them a bit of working out to bottom it, and take the handbrake off, or whatever it needs 😀

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.