cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD Boost Samsung TV

Evening all,

I have a compatible higher end UHD Samsung TV viewing through the TV app and currently have the entertainment pass.

Before signing up to movies and HD boost I’ve started a free 7 day trial for the HD boost to see if it works otherwise no point in taking out the movies pass.

My question is how long does it take for the HD boost to activate and there’s no difference at all in any or the entertainment channels so far (I know FOX is not compatible).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Try logging out and logging back into NOWTV.  If that doesn't work delete the app and reload, then it should activate.  Once the trial has begun, it should activate straight away 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

You will know you're viewing 1080p channel content as it will have HD after the channel name.  The streaming quality will also be higher at 7831.  On my 55'' Q9FN there is definitely a slight difference when viewing certain content with greater detail and sharper edges compared to 720p.  Since trying the boost, i have never gone back to viewing 720p content on NowTV.  If it's not showing as 1080p, try logging out and back in again 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Na no channels have “HD” in the title in the guide or when I choose the channel.

Stream quality is 4830 on all channels.

Turning the TV off and on but no difference.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into the NowTV App on your Samsung Smart TV under My Account and sign out of the App, then log back in again to see if it kicks starts the Boost Pass.

If you purchased the Boost Pass via the NowTV website i remember reading somewhere it could take up to 4hrs (if you don't log out and back in on the App on your device).

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Try logging out and logging back into NOWTV.  If that doesn't work delete the app and reload, then it should activate.  Once the trial has begun, it should activate straight away 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks guy uninstalled and installed again has sorted it, don’t know why I didn’t think of even trying that.

All good now channels showing with “HD” logo and stream quality is 7831. Massive difference on a 65 inch.

cheers!

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Nice one, enjoy! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In order to get 5.1 sound you also need to specifically activate that in the app settings on your device. Seems a stupid way of doing things but hey. At least NowTV have finally joined the 21st century.