cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got sent sky and now tv internet box , why?

Recently got rid of virgin media and decided to go for now tv broadband and tv , I received a now tv internet box, and 3 days later I got a sky internet box, both are just internet hub boxes ,and I can’t watch live tv , so confusing
2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Do you have any compatible devices on the below link you can use to watch Now TV?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV was encountering problems recently supplying their Hub Router to new Broadband customers where they didn't have stock to fulfill their orders.

The Sky Hub Routers are clones of the NowTV Hub Router, so my guess is that NowTV was sending out Sky Hub Routers from their Sister company Sky to ensure customers could use their new NowTV Broadband service (might be wrong though and it's just an assumption on my part).

In your case maybe there was an administrative error and they didn't realise that you was already sent a NowTV Hub Router.

Unless NowTV have asked for you to return the Sky Hub Router, i would personally keep it has a spare Router has an emergency backup.

If you are concerned or need an answer then i would suggest you contact the NowTV Broadband Team, where you will find their telephone number under your My Account > Orders & Appointments section of your account when logged in on here.

With regards to a TV streaming box, NowTV expect you to provide your own playback device and don't include has standard a TV streaming box or stick bundled with theIr Broadband deal.

Have a read of this linked help guide on ways to watch NowTV.

Maybe you already own a suitable device or alternatively look at a nowtv stick from places like Currys, Argos etc.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv