cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game Of Thrones Poor Stream Quality

Ive paid the subscription, downloaded the episode and cast it to my television through Chromecast but the picture quality is mostly brutal.

I’ve a high speed broadband connection and never had an issue with casting Netflix, Google Play or Amazon Prime. Why is Now TV so sketchy?

How can this be improved?

21 REPLIES 21
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I can do nothing but echo what's already been said. Horrendous picture quality even with fibre optic. Totally ruined the episode as we could hardly see anything that was going on. Makes you appreciate Netflix and all they do all the more. NOW TV is a bit of a joke compared with other streaming services. 

Who might not have the UK’s share of 12 million people trying to watch something all at once though, not even ‘Roma’ Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix has their Open Connect caches at the major ISPs so can cope with big premieres and thats with them offering up to 4K UHD HDR with Dolby Atmos audio, not the pathetic 720p with 2 channel audio that NowTV offers.

https://openconnect.netflix.com/en_gb/

As for yesterdays GoT probably the worst video compression I have seen in a very long time.

Do NowTV care, obviously not as they can't even deliver the promised 1080p upgrade.

Best place to complain is to HBO and the filmakers on twitter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just want to agree with you all about the poor stream quality.

Unbelieveable for the big fight scene I've waited 8 years to see ruined by Now TVs poor service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible quality for all three episodes so far. Always bouncing in and out from what it says is 1080p, to terrible. 

My problem is I'm used to amazon prime and Netflix with 4k HDR. NOWTV I am of the opinion your service is far and away second rate compared to the other platforms... 

I still take solace in not illegally downloading the series, but I'm upset that it is going to a provider who thinks sub par quality is acceptable. 

Good day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree completely, after seeing some reviews today I wondered how the quality was so much better.

So instead of streaming from my NOW TV Stick I downloaded on my phone and cast to my Chromecast.

Its like changing from VHS to Blu-Ray.  

Lesson learned but it really ruined large chunks of the episode.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you download from NowTV or, ahem, elsewhere?

I tried the NowTV download  on my phone then cast through Chromecast to my TV yesterday to see if it was any better than streaming through the built in app on my TV.

It was maybe a bit better, but it was still pretty bad, and absolutely nothing like blu ray.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed.  We have 140 Mbps internet, fast wifi (I checked mid-show), and a recent Samsung telly running the NowTV app.  All paid for and legal.  

Quality was shocking, ruined the spectacle.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, really the worst quality ever.

I have tried/checked on every possible platform I have at home at different time of the day on: iPhone, iPad, iMac, 4k TV with dolby vision and hdr10+ using apple tv 4k and playstation pro and i also tried with chrome cast (but oh yes now tv on chrome cast never worked). All of it with fibre internet connection. What is happening!? The quality is disgusting with black crush, poor to no shading at all, horizontal grey line in dark colour, lack of definition in all area, it doesn’t look like hd at all with pixels big like my thumb on the tv especially in dark areas. It is really frustrating and frankly deserve reimbursement. How now tv can provide this kind of service (quality) for a tv serie like GOT. We deserve explanation and actions from Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree completely. The picture quality on my Samsung TV with Now TV app and a 50mb fibre connection was unacceptably poor. Customers should be refunded and apologised to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adding my voice to the complaints for the terrible quality of compression, or resolution.

I'm sure the filmakers should be free to make an episode as dark & moody as they like, but if it causes huge streaming issues - something needs to change somewhere. A vast amount of people watched that episode on NOW TV. Hopefully this will give them the nudge they need to up their game. I remember similar issues with Twin Peaks the Return.

Just awful.