cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game Of Thrones Poor Stream Quality

Ive paid the subscription, downloaded the episode and cast it to my television through Chromecast but the picture quality is mostly brutal.

I’ve a high speed broadband connection and never had an issue with casting Netflix, Google Play or Amazon Prime. Why is Now TV so sketchy?

How can this be improved?

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. Watching this epic episode of the Knight King fight. The quality is extremely poor!! I’m on Ultrafast so it’s definitely not my end. The pixels can’t catch up! Should’ve NowTV prepared for the high load tonight?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree. The quality was so bad it spoiled most of the fight scenes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea, same here.

Watching it on the Nowtv stick. Awful picture quality. There so much black crush and banding in the picture can't tell what going on. 

They really need to improve it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely ruined episode 3 for me.  I have the  4k box and it was like watching in 240p

Sort it out NOW TV terrible quality 

RoyB
Legend

There’s just about every NowTV subscriber picking up an individual stream for this, and frankly it’s a wonder the servers don’t go down.

So sure, black crush and banding, alas. but at least it ran, it didn’t buffer, it didn’t crash - and it left us absolutely drained, as we thought it might.

Just terrific to have seen it at all.

Maybe later in the week we’ll watch it again, when the rush is over, see if we get more bandwidth.

GoT story:

We were on a cruise, and we went to Dubrovnik, had a tour, saw all the locations. My wife happened to mention we’d met Kit Harington (Jon Snow) when we went up to London to see him in Doctor Faustus, and he’d taken her arm when she asked him for an autograph on our programme. (We’re old-fashioned like that - everybody else wanted selfies - but I was videoing it anyway). Our guide was most affected by this tale and, turning to my wife, she said “Oh, do you mind if I touch you?”

So if you go to Dubrovnik, and go on the tour, and the guide tells you she once touched somebody who touched Kit Harington, it’s true, and it was my wife Heart

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have watched the Episode 3 today through my Xbox 360 with the now tv app and it came out ok, so only suggestion I could make is if you place the now tv app on one of your electronic device’s and log in to your now tv account it should be ok to watch.  Sorry if I’m not much help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same. It's seriously annoying. 

Wierdly the clips on Thronecast seemed a bit better. 

Does anyone know if watching live is better than on demand? I thought it was supposed to be worse, but I'd be happy to be wrong. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The quality is just as bad watching it on live TV. 

It must be due to the number of people using Nowtv to watch game of thrones.

I even tried an episode of the walking dead which I've watched before and the picture quality was poor on that as well, which I don't remember being like that.

Might give the game thrones episode another go later in the week.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can do nothing but echo what's already been said. Horrendous picture quality even with fibre optic. Totally ruined the episode as we could hardly see anything that was going on. Makes you appreciate Netflix and all they do all the more. NOW TV is a bit of a joke compared with other streaming services.